Scouts is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers and it’s not just for youth members.
Your support is greatly welcomed and really, really needed!!
Ideas on how you can get involved ..
• Bring your child to join our Group of course!
• You could join the committee
• Help at fundraising events
• Organise an excursion to your workplace
• Assist with food preparation
• Help with DIY jobs or gardening at the Scout Hall
• Offer your unique talents or skills for some of our programmes
• Become an Adult supporter and help in your child’s section
• Become a leader
Scout Leaders come from all walks of life, from parents of Scouts, to childhood Scouts, to people with no Scouting experience at all!
Leaders need to be motivated individuals with a commitment to providing varied, exciting and dynamic programs for their Scout Group. Scouts Australia helps Leaders deliver on that commitment by providing training and support in all aspects of Scouting, youth leadership, programming and safety.
Leader training is provided through the Scouts Australia Institute of Training, which is accredited to award nationally-recognised VET qualifications in Leadership and Management.
You too could have a fulfilling experience and the time of your life .. why should the kids have all the fun?
You could also check out the Rover Scouts page. Adults from 18 to 26 years are empowered with running their own activities right up to a national level. A local group of Rover Scouts is known as a "Crew" and every Crew is different, tailoring its activities to the requirements of its members. Crews vary in size from a handful of members to twenty or more. Most Crews meet weekly. The friends you make within this group will be lifelong!