Hampton Park Scouts meet: FRIDAY NIGHTS from 7pm to 9pm
Our Scout leaders are Craig (Griffin), Sarah (Pegasus) and Michael (Phoenix) plus we have our Quarter Master “Q”… and we’d love you’d to join us!
Scouts is for boys and girls aged between 10 - 15 years. They generally meet once a week during school terms as well as going on weekend activities.
What’s so cool about being a Scout?
If you are passionate about adventure then you’re a Scout! Whether you’re mastering the art of outdoor safety, participating rafting competitions and camping the great outdoors, or attending the ultimate Scouting adventure of a Jamboree, you’ll learn life-long skills that you can teach your friends.
At Scouts you’ll become a member of a Scout Patrol and you’re Patrol will work with other Patrols to form a larger Scout Troop. Together you’ll make important decisions, set critical goals, and depend on each other to succeed. And when you do succeed, you can earn achievement badges!
What Can I Do in Scouts?
• Abseil/ rock climbing
• Navigate the bush lands and challenge yourself in survival camps
• Learn to construct all sorts of structures with ropes and staves
• Learn how to make camp and cook for yourself on campfires
• Talk to over 500,000 Scouts across the world on the radio
• Trek the Bibbulmun track and camp under the stars
• Canoe, swim, hike, or whatever you can come up with as an idea
• Attend the ultimate Scouting adventure of a Jamboree anywhere in Australia or the world!
• Pursue your hobbies and gain new skills that you’ll use for the rest of your life.
Dad & Mum: scouts also learn self-reliance, leadership, teamwork and community service, building a person of character. There’s more to scouting than tying a knot!